Sunday, October 12, 2014

Altered Cigar Box

Hey everyone! 
It's time to share another project with you. It's an altered cigar box and I really like the result and how it turned out. It is a cool mixed media project and it was a lot of fun to assemble everything. The cigar box was a birthday present for my mum and I used a vintage photo of her (so cool!).



That's the front of the box. For my background I used the Vintage Paper Stack by Finnabair for Prima Marketing. I die cut a few gears with my Bigz die from Tim Holtz and altered the cardstock pieces to make them look rusty and vintage. I used Distress Paints in metallic colors and Distress Embossing powder for that. Before I glued the gears down, I stamped different patterns with Archival Ink in library green, sepia and black. The stamps were also by Finnabair for Prima Marketing. In the middle of the front I used stickers by Tim Holtz and topped them with metal butterfly embellishments. 


Below you can see the inside of my cigar box. The edges of the box were painted with Inka Gold by Viva Decor, for the background I used again cardstock from the Vintage Paper Stack. I cut out a vintage photo of my mum and added angels wings to her back. The frame is a cardstock sticker which was sprayed with different inks in copper and gold to make it look splotchy and rusty. I embellished the scene with wood veneers (by LaBlanche, covered with metallic distress paints in gold and brass), metal embellishments  (by Prima and Tim Holtz), lace ribbon and epoxy stickers (by DCWV). The ruler at the bottom is an embellishment by 7Gypsies and gives the whole scene more depth.




I used huge metal charms an glued them with Aleene's tacky glue to the inside of my lid. At the background I used Distress inks in different shades and a variety of masks and stamps to create that layered look. 


Thank you so much for stopping by and hope to see you soon again!



No comments:

Post a Comment