Sunday, October 12, 2014

Let's make cards series Part 2: "Merry Christmas"

Hey crafters, here's part two of my kraft card making series.


The first one is quiet simple. I used a Christmas paper stack by Glitz design for the background as well as for the four little banners. I topped the card with red velvet ribbon, a tiny button and a little bit of bakers twine. For that little extra I sketched down the word "Merry" and created a 3D look by using liquid pearls in buttercup and garnet. 


For the second card I stamped a lot of different snowflakes on the edges with Versamark Ink and white heat embossed them. After that, I inked all the edges with white chalk ink for a frosted look. In the middle of the card you can see two die cut pieces: a scalloped circle made out of vellum, and golden snowflake. I don't have any glitter paper so I used double sided adhesive tape on some paper scraps and after die cutting, I topped it with fine golden glitter. To prevent a mess, I used a bone folder to rub in the glitter so it won't come off. I've seen this technique in a video by Jennifer McGuire Ink (here's the link to her video). In the middle of my snowflake I glued a golden sequin for a finishing touch.


The third christmas card is a shaker card. I created a vellum pocket by stitching three sides of a rectangle. After stamping and gold heat embossing my sentiment, I filled the pocket with different sizes and shapes of sequins. Then I stitched the fourth side of the rectangle, too so that the sequins won't fall out of the card. At the end I glued a few punched out stars and crystal gems to the card.


My fourth and last card is pretty simple, too. First of all I die cut a snowflake into a piece of cream cardstock and stamped my sentiment with Archival ink. After that I run the piece of cardstock with an embossing folder through my Big Shot to emboss a dot pattern. I used the die cut snowflake and set it a little bit of to create a layered effect and topped it with a little button and bow with bakers twine. To finish the card, I wrapped some of the bakers twine around the card and glued everything to a mat and then to the card base. 

Thank you for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. What magical cards, the last one really does look good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete